Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dragon*Con Ahoy!

As always, I'll be at Dragon*Con over Labor Day weekend. Here's my schedule lest you'd like to encounter me in person, have me sign a book or just bend my ear. It's less intensive than in previous years and I'm glad of that. I might even pop down to the Decatur Book Festival to have a look around. Never been there so that should be fun as long as it's not raining.

Here's the schedule. Hope to see some of you at Dragon!

Friday, Sept. 3rd

Time: 5:30pm
What: Reading
Where: University - Hyatt Regency
I'll be reading from my Demon Trappers Series and from something new.

Time: 8:30pm
What: The Myth and Reality of Victorian London
 It's been steampunked, rebooted (in the latest Holmes movie) and time-traveled through...but what was it REALLY like?
Where: International C - Westin

Saturday, Sept. 4th

Time: 1:00pm
What: Steam Queen and Clockwork Hookers: Women in Steampunk
Sprouting from pulp sci-fi and boys' adventure tales, is steampunk then a masculine genre? Panelists debate women's roles in literature & film.
Where: International C - Westin

Time: 2:30pm
What: Critique Groups vs. Beta Readers
Critique Groups/Beta Readers- Is there a place for both? Which is the most effective? What do you look for in each?
Where: Manila/Singapore/Hong Kong - Hyatt Regency


Sunday, Sept. 5th

Time: 10:00am
What: Face of the Demon
Depicting demons in literature; what shapes them, what influences their appearances both physical and behavioral?
Where: Fairlie - Hyatt Regency

Time: 10:00pm
What: Marketing Yourself
Finding effective ways of expanding your fanbase.
Where: Manila/Singapore/Hong Kong - Hyatt Regency

No comments: